Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Message to my Representative Re: GOP Budget Proposals

I see the cuts being discussed on the news as ones that will primarily serve to further the Republican agenda and the political futures of individual politicians instead of serving the needs of the people. Rather than balancing the budget on the backs of women, infants, and children (WIC) etc., why don't you try cutting some of the corporate welfare spending? You know - subsidies to big energy companies and such.

Also, deregulating the EPA is one of the WORST things you could ever do. Do you remember when the Olympics were held in Beijing? Athletes had to wear face masks because the air pollution was so bad. Dismantling the CleanAir Act could lead to that same situation here in the USA. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT! We must not ruin one of the few significant accomplishments of our lifetime. I used to live in Denver - they have "inversions" in the atmosphere at times that trap pollution over the city. Have you ever had a "pollution headache?" I have. They're awful. Please don't screw the American people while pandering to big business.

You're supposed to represent all of the people of SD, not just Republicans. I am an independent voter, but not one that will blindly swallow Tea Party propaganda. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Independents and Libertarians - in each case, the person I thought best for the job.

I'll be watching. And I vote.

Pat Kyne

No comments:

Post a Comment